Tuesday, November 28, 2023

A Sweet Widow's Testimony

"My name is RUTHUMMA from Karlapalem in India. I have attended one church more than 20 years. I was suffering with demon possession. Neighbor people led me to this church. GOD gave me deliverance. My husband was not very happy with me going to church. He was torturing me in many ways (including beating me, and forbidding me to come to the church for a long time), but still I was praying with tears for his change. As I was getting stronger in the Lord, he didn't want me to be with him anymore, so he sent me out of the house. I went to stay with relatives in another village. I never had children, but GOD was strengthening me with his Holy Spirit in the time of loneliness. For 16 years now I have been staying alone.

My pastor and the church stood with me in different ways. Even though my husband sent me away, I was praying for him to accept Christ. He never surrendered. Recently he died. Now I'm staying in the church as a prayer warrior, praying for all the people who are in need. Because I am getting older, it became very difficult to meet all my needs. I faced health problems and I was no longer able to work. I was struggling with poverty in many areas. As I was praying and trusting GOD for my needs, the Lord led (she mentions different ones whom the Lord has used)...Even though they don't see me directly, GOD has put His love in their heart for people like me. I pray for them every day. GOD bless you."
 
The Lord has used Ruthamma to bring many people to the church and to the Lord. The above testimony was written a few years ago. Now she is living in her village with people whom she helped bring to the Lord, and she is struggling with some health issues. Below she is praying during one of our gatherings for the widows and elderly. Please pray for Ruthamma (Ruth + amma, which is a respectful word usually added to the end of an elderly woman's name).
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment